Skip to main content

New beginnings

This blog certainly has been neglected, hasn't it? Let's change that (hopefully, I'll actually stick with it this time).

I recently joined Hit Record and by "recently" I mean "this morning." It's a community-sourced production company that's kind of the brain child of Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Yes, that Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Hit Record encourages artists of all types - photographers, writers, actors, animators, etc. - to just be creative and collaborate. You don't have to be a professional, just passionate. You don't even have to be that passionate. Just mess around with whatever art form moves you, and upload it to the site. Or just explore. No pressure.

Well, I browsed around and checked out what they call "Creative Challenges," which are essentially prompts for scripts, poems, pictures, whatever. And, I just started uploading some old photos from my computer based on the prompt. I have to say (not to toot my own horn, but...) I'm surprised by how good they actually are. Just completely unedited, random stuff that I had shot a couple of years ago when I first picked up my camera.

So, I'm just gonna post some of that stuff here. Just a couple of throwbacks, if you will.

Let me know what you think and maybe I'll do this once a week and call it a... weekly rewind? Or... something better?

These were taken somewhere a little north of Half Moon Bay, with my Nikon D200 50mm lens.

Enjoy!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Island Life

Took a much needed week-long vacation to Oahu. I didn't take as many photos as I had wanted. Actually, I only took 3 good ones. Instead, I shot daily vlogs. Enjoy!

The Search

Is it just me... or do you feel like when you start getting into a new hobby, that hobby is the only thing you can think about? Even as I sit at work, trying to put a TV show together, I can't help but wish I could be outside (or inside, or wherever) with my camera, practicing (because lord knows I need the practice). my camera, which I'd mentioned in my first post, is loaded to me by Nick, my boyfriend, given to him by his father. I don't bring it home. It stays at Nick's apartment, on his desk. I can see it now. I really don't pick it up until the weekend, and when I do... I can't let it go. Maybe the fact that I don't see it every day causes me to miss it more. (I still call it, "it," haven't quite given camera a name yet.) Is that weird? Photography has reinvigorated a part of my life that I haven't explored in a while, one that I didn't realize was pushed so far back in my mind. Actually making something from scratch, taking

Day One: Baby Steps

Now, first thing's first (I'm the realest). I know nothing about photography. How many more times can I say, "I know nothing about this 'stuff,'" before I become annoying? I'm starting out with a camera that isn't my own; it's a Nikon D200, borrowed from my boyfriend by way of his father. Lens: Nikon AF Nikkor 35-70mm 2.8 (which weighs about 5 pounds, by the way, and I'm told it's from back in the early 80s). At this point, I figure the best thing I can do with my lack of experience is to get comfortable with the equipment, and to just take as many pictures as possible. We (my boyfriend Nick and I) started out the day by taking the NY Waterway ferry from Jersey City to Wall Street. Can you believe it that I was born and raised on Long Island, went to school at New York University, and work at the New York Stock Exchange, on occasion, and had NEVER explored the southern-most tip of Manhattan? Well, that was about to be rectified. Nic