Skip to main content

Autofocus

My name is Crystal, and this is my journey.

At 24 years old, I'm beginning my foray into the creative and exciting world of photography. What brought me here? Well, to be honest, I'm not sure. There was just a void in my life and I needed to fill it. Photography seemed like the perfect way to combine my desire to learn more about myself, and others.

Full disclosure, I've never actually been involved with photography before. Yes, there was that photography class I took at camp one summer where I took pictures of flowers and developed film in a dark room (with help from the teacher). Though I learned about all the different chemicals and terminology behind a manual film camera, truthfully, all I really learned was how to press a button. This, however, is my own personal lesson about how to capture life.

So, please join me on my path to absorb all I can about this world. It may not be a straight path, nor necessarily the most accurate (apologies in advance for that), but it's one that I hope to be enlightening.

This is my first step into "Poor Lighting."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Island Life

Took a much needed week-long vacation to Oahu. I didn't take as many photos as I had wanted. Actually, I only took 3 good ones. Instead, I shot daily vlogs. Enjoy!

The Search

Is it just me... or do you feel like when you start getting into a new hobby, that hobby is the only thing you can think about? Even as I sit at work, trying to put a TV show together, I can't help but wish I could be outside (or inside, or wherever) with my camera, practicing (because lord knows I need the practice). my camera, which I'd mentioned in my first post, is loaded to me by Nick, my boyfriend, given to him by his father. I don't bring it home. It stays at Nick's apartment, on his desk. I can see it now. I really don't pick it up until the weekend, and when I do... I can't let it go. Maybe the fact that I don't see it every day causes me to miss it more. (I still call it, "it," haven't quite given camera a name yet.) Is that weird? Photography has reinvigorated a part of my life that I haven't explored in a while, one that I didn't realize was pushed so far back in my mind. Actually making something from scratch, taking