Skip to main content

2015 Winter Wonderland

First off -- to the handful of you who actually read this blog -- my apologies for the temporary hiatus. Some personal family-related problems have stolen my attention these past few months. But, I'm back now, and I'd like to take things back to February when we in New York were in the height of the Winter snowstorm. It was quite possibly the longest winter I have ever had to endure. For most, it was a nuisance - having to shovel and salt the sidewalks, only to do it all over again in a few hours. For me, it was a nightmare... to shoot. So. Much. White. But, when you look past all the hardships and obstacles, you can find something so pure and simple in the world around you.

"In photography there is a reality so subtle that it becomes more than reality." - Alfred Stieglitz





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Island Life

Took a much needed week-long vacation to Oahu. I didn't take as many photos as I had wanted. Actually, I only took 3 good ones. Instead, I shot daily vlogs. Enjoy!

The Search

Is it just me... or do you feel like when you start getting into a new hobby, that hobby is the only thing you can think about? Even as I sit at work, trying to put a TV show together, I can't help but wish I could be outside (or inside, or wherever) with my camera, practicing (because lord knows I need the practice). my camera, which I'd mentioned in my first post, is loaded to me by Nick, my boyfriend, given to him by his father. I don't bring it home. It stays at Nick's apartment, on his desk. I can see it now. I really don't pick it up until the weekend, and when I do... I can't let it go. Maybe the fact that I don't see it every day causes me to miss it more. (I still call it, "it," haven't quite given camera a name yet.) Is that weird? Photography has reinvigorated a part of my life that I haven't explored in a while, one that I didn't realize was pushed so far back in my mind. Actually making something from scratch, taking

Say Hello to My Little Lens

Please remind me, I did say that the lens I started off using weighs about five pounds, right? Right. As someone with fairly weak and narrow wrists, having to carry that thing around all day, plus the camera, was cumbersome and almost enough to deter me from taking photos. Almost.  Even though I was told by the "pros" out there that it's an overall great lens (whatever that means), they still agreed that it's a bit heavy for everyday use. So... (as the title of this post reads) Say Hello to My Little Lens: A Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G, aka my very first camera/photography-related purchase. Total $236.20 from B&H. To be honest, I had second thoughts about making such a big purchase right off the bat, especially since I'm just starting out. But if I'm really trying to get into this hobby, and I mean really  get into it, I'm in for the long haul. This is probably just the beginning. Who knew camera equipment would be so expensive?? I m