Skip to main content

Sorry for being M.I.A.

I know, I know -- It's been a while.

I put this blog on the back burner more often than I'd like, and the excuses go on and on. I'm too tired, I'm not motivated, I just don't feel like it.

Plus, I don't want the posts to be forced in a way that I'll eventually churn out meaningless post after meaningless post. But, maybe that's what I need to start doing?

Sometimes I wonder if there's anyone even reading this and if this is something I should continue to pursue. Then I get the nice surprise when I check in on the stats page and see that there's over 2000 page views. I know it's not a lot, only a couple hundred per post, but it's significant to me. And it's so cool to see where the readers are coming from. Mostly U.S., but I see some from Russia, the U.K., France, and Singapore. And that's awesome.

[[ Where am I going with this? ]]

I don't have any photos to show in this post, unfortunately, because in my absence, I haven't been taking my camera out as often. However, I've started posting videos to YouTube. Mostly silly vlog-type videos. The main goal of the channel is to teach myself how to edit. But, the second, unexpected goal is to find my voice. So, I got the Canon G7X, the same camera that all the popular YouTube stars are using to vlog. It's a great camera, pretty compact, but does exactly what I need it to do. Keyword, it's compact.

Hopefully, vlogging and posting these videos to my channel will inspire me to be more creative and get "out there" and pick up my DSLR again.

Anyway, thanks for reading. Here's one of my videos, let me know what you think!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Island Life

Took a much needed week-long vacation to Oahu. I didn't take as many photos as I had wanted. Actually, I only took 3 good ones. Instead, I shot daily vlogs. Enjoy!

The Search

Is it just me... or do you feel like when you start getting into a new hobby, that hobby is the only thing you can think about? Even as I sit at work, trying to put a TV show together, I can't help but wish I could be outside (or inside, or wherever) with my camera, practicing (because lord knows I need the practice). my camera, which I'd mentioned in my first post, is loaded to me by Nick, my boyfriend, given to him by his father. I don't bring it home. It stays at Nick's apartment, on his desk. I can see it now. I really don't pick it up until the weekend, and when I do... I can't let it go. Maybe the fact that I don't see it every day causes me to miss it more. (I still call it, "it," haven't quite given camera a name yet.) Is that weird? Photography has reinvigorated a part of my life that I haven't explored in a while, one that I didn't realize was pushed so far back in my mind. Actually making something from scratch, taking